Running FastAI2 in Google Colab
Setting up Google Colab for FastAI2 & the lessons of course-v4
Complexity: low +.
Duration: 2 minutes (4 min if you need a Google Drive Account).
Follow these eight steps to, get FastAI2 running.
- Prerequisite is a Google Drive account. Get it here.
- Download the FastAI course-v4 repository as a .zip to your local filesystem.
- Upload the unzipped package “course-v4-master” folder to your Google Drive (this instruction works with the root-folder).
- In your Google Drive, navigate into the folder “course-v4-master/nbs” and open the file “01_intro.ipynb” with the connected app “Google Colab”. Delete the content of the first cell in the notebook.
- Copy the following code into the first cell of the Colab notebook “01_intro.ipynb”.
- Authorize Google Colab to connect to your Google Drive by following the Screen instructions.
- Click “Runtime” > “Change runtime type” > Select “GPU” as “Hardware accelerator”; Click “Save”.
- Start with Deep Learning Training and Enjoy the new FastAI2!
(If this is not working right away, then please try “Runtime”, and “Restart runtime” which should resolve issues.)
Please mind: You may need to input the first cell into all the notebooks to have access to your files.
** Tested on MacBook Air in Chrome Browser on July 03, 2020. **
Credits to the FastAI Team! You guys are awesome!